Dear MSLF Community,
Fifty years ago, the founders of the Montessori School of Lake Forest were on fire to pursue Maria Montessori’s educational theories, and to put those theories into action for their children and the children of the future.
Your sons and daughters are the children of that future, and they continuously benefit from the vision of our founders:
- They learn from the best of teachers.
- They thrive socially, physically, academically in well-appointed and complete Montessori learning environments.
- They learn from original sources, including “the book of Nature” which they explore and absorb every day.
- They are guided to develop integrity and character by a strong adult community that strives to live with respect and responsibility.
- And they manifest our vision as alumni who prosper in their many fields of endeavor.
In choosing MSLF, you are indeed choosing all of these wonderful things for your child. And you are also choosing a vision for peace. In Maria Montessori’s words,
“Everyone talks about peace, but no one educates for peace. People educate for competition and this is the beginning of any war. When we educate to cooperate and be in solidarity with one another, that day we will be educating for peace.”